Re: 2 or 3 button mouse emulation. again.

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 11:55:49PM -0400, Chris Sanner [ Hitchhiker ] wanted to say the following:

> I know this has been asked a million times.  and I've RTFM'd until I think I'm
> going to scream.  I need to use more than one mouse button.  I must.
>
> I'm using XFree86 4.0.  I've passed the kernel parameter "adb_buttons=111,119"
> which are , according to xev, the correct keys.
> this I have passed in /etc/yaboot.conf under the append section, after the video
> information, tacked on with a semicolon.  then I run ybin and reboot.
> it doesn't seem to be working.

I dont know, I am using Xpmac currently and it has a command line param for
the buttons. Sorry, cant help with that.

But may I suggest a nice thing? I was in a computer shop and found a very
nice USB mouse for the pismo:

	http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/50

I know it is not a solution to you problem, but for all the people out there
looking for a good laptop mouse, this is worth checking out. It has a short
cord (with an extension piece if you need longer) so it is handy also in
that sense. The whole mouse is also very small, I have sometimes used it on
top of the pismo just fine (over the wrist rest). And nothing really beats a
_real_ mouse for serious work (like using the gimp :) Drawing with the
touchpad is not uhm.. ideal.. I wonder when someone makes a laptop with
integrated Wacom Graphire in place of the touchpad.. That would rule :)

Just felt like sharing my experience, I am not connected to Logitech and
such, blah blah you get the idea :) It is just a very nice mouse for laptop
use.

> can anyone help? I'm running a pismo... I only have a few more issues
> (getting airport working and sound on the internal speakers are the
> others) thanks!

Airport should work fine with Ben's driver:

	http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

The integrated speakers dont work yet in the pismo. Sound works ok through
the headphone jack for now. From what I have understood, this requires some
kernel work.

I hope this was helpful

Tuomas Kuosmanen

--