Re: Helix GNOME, report of compilation, 2nd edition

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 11:23:22AM +0200, hadess@writeme.com wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Second report,
>
> I've compiled everything in Helix Code and Evolution, but still 2 packages won't
> be included:
> - gtk-themes, because of the Stone engine being already compiled for x86 in the
> source package.
> - Abiword, I really couldn't get it to compile.
> - gnumeric and gnome-iconedit use liboaf _at compile-time_, should be added to
> the building pre-requisites
> - liboaf-dev and libgnome-dev both contain /usr/share/idl/gnome-factory.idl, the
> problem is likely to be in the upstream release
> - glade-gnome is missing Priority and Section fields
> - dpkg is whining about rejected patches from the .diff.gz, I compiled it the
> hard way (although all I remember is that it involved compiling it as root)
>
> Otherwise everything else went fluently. I'll upload everything asap. Peter,
> thanks for the tip about gob (found it). Sven, thanks also for the pointer, but
> could you explain me why gnome-libs are in devel instead of libs ?

Well, they are libraries, don't know exactly, but i guess this is the choice
of the gnome maintainer ... I would have put it under the x11 section maybe ?

Anyway, the binary get in all the needed sections once built.

best way to check it is to do a ls -l */*gnome* | less from within the source
directory, lftp for one supports such nice things.

> I would need a pointer to an "ftp over ssh" program, or any good program to
> easily upload this stuff to sourceforge.net as it doesn't have a normal ftp...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER