Re: Helix Evolution any one?

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 01:10:20PM +0100, Adrian Cox wanted to say the following:
> hadess@writeme.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tuomas et al,
> >
> > Does this mean that we can expect Helix Gnome debs for powerpc real soon ?
> > Because I nearly finished compiling all of the debs, only the gtk-themes
> > wouldn't be included (because they contains engine themes precompiled for x86).
> >
> > Should I keep on ? Or wait a bit for everything to be done ?
>
> Any chance there'll be debs for potato when this happens? My x86 systems
> are now a strange mix of frozen and unstable, as I don't want to run
> Woody to get the Helix desktop. It seems a little odd that Woody is the
> only Debian release supported, while Redhat's equivalent unstable tree,
> Rawhide, is not on the list.

Helix Gnome for intel should work on both Potato AND Woody, and I told Peter
(who makes the debs) that ppc should be built for Potato since Woody
currently doesnt exist as a working system.

I think it was first built on Woody because Woody had a newer gnome to
start with. But as Peter said, if Helix Gnome doesnt work on Potato, it is
considered a bug and should be reported and fixed. People are running it on
Potato just fine from what I have heard (my intel box runs Woody though)

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@helixcode.com     .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.
+---->  www.helixcode.com      -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+