Re: netboot?

Hi,

many thanks, it works. A few remarks/suggestions:

- I have yaboot in a directory /tftpboot/mac/ and would like to keep
yaboot.conf in the same directory. However, yaboot always requests the
filename 'yaboot'. The behaviour I would like is that it requests
'/tftpboot/mac/yaboot.conf'. So I think that if it is possible from
yaboot to detect under which filename it was loaded, it should prefix
its own pathname to the name under which it requests its configuration
file. (And if this fails it should make a second try with just
'yaboot.conf'.)

- In giving the path to the kernel image or the ramdisk image in
yaboot.conf as ENET:0,image (it has to be ENET:0, ENET alone doesn't
work) subdirectories aren't handled at all. giving a path like
'enet:0,mac/vmlinux' results in an error file not found (don't remember
the exact wording). Since there is no TFTP request on the network for
this and Open Firmware can handle boot image locations with pathnames, I
guess this is a limitation of yaboot. If so, I would like to see this
fixed (it is not critical to me).

- There is a BOOTP request before *every* TFTP request, even if yaboot
is already loaded. This might be a bug, too.

I was using yaboot 0.6.

Keep on doing cool stuff for Linux ppc!

Matthias