Re: netboot?

>I've read on Benjamin Herrenschmidt's page that yaboot works with
>netboot. However, there was no further information. I'm familiar with
>bootd and tftp, but would like to know how to set them up in this case.
>I have a PowerBook Pismo.

 - Setup your bootp server so that it tells OF to load yaboot as the image
 - Make available in your tftp folder a yaboot.conf file (it will be
downloaded by yaboot)
 - The path used by yaboot for tftp are of the form "enet:0,file"

For example:

image=enet:0,vmlinux
label=linux
append=" whatever kernel args..."

or

image=enet:0,vmlinux
label=installer
initrd=enet:0,ramdisk.image.gz

If you want to netboot, just press "N" key during boot, OF will
automatically switch to netboot for you. If you want to set OF to
permanently netboot, set your boot-device variable to "enet:0" (or enet
alone, but i think it's enet:0)

Ben.