RS/6000 installation woes

Hey all.

I am trying for the first time to install Debian Potato on a 4-way IBM
F50.  I made the rescue.bin and root.bin disks, and I burned a cd with
all the other necessities (base2_2.tgz, drivers.tgz, etc).  I am having
trouble right off the bat however, as I cannot seem to get the F50 to
boot properly.  The F50 is a chrp machine, but that is about all I know
about it.  At the "OK Prompt" in the firmware, I tell it to

"boot floppy:,linux root=/dev/fd0"

and it doesn't find the kernel (or something else wrong is happening).
I am using the 2.2.15 kernel on the rescue.bin disk.  I'm honestly not
sure if I'm even issuing the right command to tell it to boot tot he
image on the floppy.  Is there a known issue with Chrp machines and
2.2.15?  Is there anyone out there that has used Debian on an F50
before?

Thanks in advance,

Matt