Re: new installation problems and where are the .deb ?

hadess@writeme.com wrote:

> My question is that some packages look outdated to me (I know that stability
> is the keyword for Debian). I wanted to know where I could find .deb of
> GNOME applications, and XFree 4.0.x. There is nothing in the woody dir, and
> couldn't find anything using Google.

Don't use woody on powerpc. It's going to stay outdated until potato is
released.

I suggest you use potato for binaries and add unstable for sources (are the
already X 4.x sources?)

Michel

--
It's not a bug, it's tradition!
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS