RE: QUIK on the 7200

Yup, it works quite well, fixed my OF...  Here's the link.   Still have to
boot into MacOS, but after that, it appears that most of us with OldWorld
Macs will be home free...

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/SystemDisk-tutorial/

> For anyone interested in OF-booting, I think netbsd has the best
> docs on it
> right now... they even have an nvram patch that claims to fix
> video on some of
> the oldworlds where it doesn't 'just work' (thus sparing you
> serial console).
> My OF (beige G3) works pretty well, so I can't vouch as to all
> the patches
> they have available...

Yeah, I stumbled across the docs the same day I got this email, but never
got around to posting the link.  Their docs are quite complete, at least for
my purposes, and it worked on my 8500.

A request : If anyone else gets this working with different Power Macs, drop
me a quick email and I'll put em together, just to make sure they all work
(I'm guess Apple knows how to upgrade their own OF).

Good luck, and thanks again