Re: Paul's 2.2.15 does not boot a 7200

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 04:01:01PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > PPC tends to not use compressed images
        ^^^^^

> Not true: PPC uses compressed kernel images embedded into a loadable image
> (ELF in case of my CHRP box). A quick glance at arch/ppc/coffboot/Makefile
> makes me think a similar thing is done for PowerMac.

note i said `tends to not use' not `never use'  the boot loaders for
desktop ppcs don't prefer compressed images (if they work at all which
i highly doubt)  i don't know what boot loader embedded devices are
using but im sure its different then quik/yaboot

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/