Re: debian on the 7200

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 06:33:17PM +0200, Xavier Grave wrote:
> I'm not an expert on powerpc machines but can you boot on CD ?
> from the OF perhaps ? (there is something on this in the linux ppc archives)

no bootable CDs don't work on oldworld machines.  (well the LinuxPPC
2000 supposedly boots them but LinuxPPC is too broken for words IMNSHO)

> If so the image from the official site is fine for start.
> The information from the thread on installing iMac DVD is helpfull also.

you are fortunate and have newworld hardware, its openfirmware is FAR
less broken then the oldworld OF (such as that in the 7200)

> With this I was able to boot my linux box. Thanks one more time for those
> who help :-)

newworlds are quite a bit less painful to bootstrap then oldworld (so
long as you create the fscking bootstrap partition correctly)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/