Re: CALL FOR HELP : debian boot floppies 2.2.15 on apus still not ok.

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 02:53:48PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > i give the corrct place in the requester, and dbootstrap tries to loop mount
> > the rescue.bin image to fetch the kernel and the modules, and fail.
>
> Should drivers.tgz be in rescue.bin? It's not.

No it is supposed to be in driver-1.bin.

> If the config.gz in rescue.bin is the config of the kernel you use, it does
> indeed include the loopback device and vfat.

thought so also, ...

> > Now the strange thing, is that when i continue the installation stuff and
> > reboot with the same kernel on the partition just installed from the base
> > tarball, i can mount the rescue.bin image with the exact command given
> > above.
> >
> > Thus i suspsect the problem lie with the root.bin image. or maybe the
> > dbootstrap mount command.
>
> That's a strong indication. BTW what's the fs type of root.bin supposed to be?
> I can't mount it here.

root.bin is just a compressed ext2 root image.

dbootstrap does some gunzip & piping magic to mount it, but mv root.bin root.bin.gz && gunzip root.bin.gz will do also.

Do you have the same problem as me with the mounting of the rescue.bin image (it is a vfat image)  ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER