Re: Last part of an iMac DvD install : ybin

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 12:35:41AM +0200, Xavier Grave wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just get an iMac DvD. I've burned the CD from the debian site
> (ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian-cd/potato_test-cycle-2/powerpc/potato-1.raw)
> and booted it on my iMac. After a fw step, I have all installed except the
> yaboot part.
>
> When I get a shell in debian installation and do :
> #ybin -b /dev/hda9 --timeout 100 --label linux --root /dev/hda11
>       --partition 11 -v --debug

btw you will also need to specify a magicboot script for your system
to boot without OpenFirmware fsckery:

--magicboot /target/usr/share/doc/yaboot/examples/ofboot.b

should do the trick, you can configure a dual boot script after you
boot your installed debian for the first time.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/