newbie to ppc linux install gather help

Hello and thanks in advance for any aid you give me...

 I'd like to setup debian on my g4 350 mac here but I'm getting a bit lost as
to what files I exactly need to gather and from where. I've encountered a
couple
websites and read a few versions of documents but I'm getting confused as to
what list to follow and what to grab file wise.
  I guess my few hours spent pouring over sites and documentation has left
me with little
 confidence to know what I need to exactly download and do.
 I hate to ask someone to hold my hand through this process but I'm pretty
unsure so any help
as to what and where I need to go to get the ball rolling on this would be
greatly appreciated.

 thanx,
aaron

Shannon Hooge