Re: Which /dev for modem on new powerbook

Brendan J Simon wrote:

> What is the appropriate /dev for my internal powerbook modem ?

dmesg|grep modem
tty00 at 0x80013020 (irq = 22) is a Z8530 ESCC (cobalt modem)

That's /dev/ttyS0 on my Pismo.

> Should I make a symbolic link called /dev/modem to it ?

Yes.

Michel

--
Death is just Nature's way of saying, "Hey! You're not alive anymore!"
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS