Re: dvorak keymap

On Sat, May 27, 2000, pohl <pohl@screaming.org> wrote:

>debian is now happily living on my G4 (though I had to
>break down and buy a zip drive to accomplish the install)
>but I need a dvorak keymap for the beast.  Anybody
>got a pointer to one?
>
>This is strictlt for the console -- no X yet...

You should be able to use a Dvorak keymap for x86 linux provided that you
disable the ADB keycode emulation of the USB keyboard driver. This is a
kernel compile option. I'm working on some fixes to this driver so that
this can be done via a kernel argument (along with other fixes to remove
those ADB keycodes from non-mac PPC machines). Should be available in my
rsync tree before the end of the week-end.