Re: Pismo status

On Mon, May 22, 2000, Josh <jholland3@uswest.net> wrote:

>speaking of sleep function, I am wondering:
>
>I have Debian installed on an expansion bay hard drive in my G3 Powerbook.
>Whenever I'm booted in Mac OS, either from expansion bay drive or internal
>drive, and I put it to sleep, it crashes on wake up (this is only when the
>expansion bay drive is mounted, if I have my zip or cdrom drive in, it sleeps
>and wakes fine).  Is this a problem with having non-apple partitions on my
>expansion bay drive?  Or is it nothing to do with Linux being on there?  I
>originally initilized that drive with Hard Disk Tool Kit.

This may be a bug in the media-bay/IDE sleep process. We don't handle
sleep of expansion bay devices the same way we handle the internal hard
disk, and we may still have something wrong since I could only ever test
that with a CD-ROM.

Which kernel did you use ? I think Paul fixed some sleep-related issues
recently.