Re: Errors and crashes

Josh wrote:

> > Have you checked $PATH and $LIBRARY_PATH for root and your users?
>
> the only difference in $PATH between root and my user acct is paths to
> various /sbin's in root.  I didn't see a $LIBRARY_PATH in either.  How do I
> set the $PATH permanently (if that's the issue)?

It depends on what shell you are using (bash, tcsh, zsh, etc).  I will assume
you are using bash.
You need to set your PATH variable in either your .bashrc or .bash_profile.  One
of these is called depending on the type of login.  To get the same settings
depending on whether it is an interactive login or not, I set all my variables
in .bashrc and have "source .bashrc" in my .bash_profile file.

ie. put "export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin" or "export
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH" in your .bashrc file
and put "source .bashrc" in your .bash_profile file.

Brendan Simon.