Errors and crashes

When I run certain programs as a user other than root, I seem to have
problems.  IE: Balsa crashes when I try view mail.  I tried setting up
Mozilla in a terminal window and I go this:

nNCL: registering deferred (0)
could not obtain CmdLine processing service
nsNative ComponentLoader: GetFactory (error) Load FAILED with error:
error: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

All of this works fine when I'm logged in as root.  I tried changing
permissions and stuff but that didn't help.

What's up with that?

Josh.