Re: X problems

Björn Johansson wrote:

> I have been trying a lot to get the mouse working under X, but with no luck.
> GPM is configured to use the mouse, so I know which device it would be
> configured as.

You need protocol "busmouse" and device /dev/amigamouse.

> I have also been experiencing problems with X(Xfree86 3.3.6). After
> installing a program called: *app.login*(nextstep look) it did something bad
> with my system(I think), so now I had a nice login window but when I tried
> to log in, the window closes(accepts the password) and then the login
> window appears again telling me to login. I have done many reinstallations
> of the files which could have been damaged, replaced the XF86Config file,
> even changed XDM to WDM, but nothing seems to work :(. Before the
> installation of the login.app, XDM worked just fine.
> Many of the problems I'm having has to do with the fact that I've done a
> bad installation(it'll do for now). Once Potato get's finished I won't
> haveto mess around so much with the system all the time, hopefully ;).
>
> When running startx, the output doesn't complain about anything(weird!).
> After opening the display it shuts down, maybe someone got a clue?

You have to check how login.app starts the actual session and configure that
to start what you want.

If it doesn't work, go back to xdm or gdm.

Michel

--
I'm so hungry, I could almost eat health food.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS