Re: newworld install docs

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 10:55:08AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > I have written some quick documentation for installing Debian on
> > newworld PowerMacs, it is meant to fill the holes in the current
> > debian install docs.  I have already sent them to Dan but for the time
> > being if anyone wants to see them now i have them posted at:
> >
> > http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/debian/
> >
> > they are quickly written and probably are not perfect but if your
> > installing on a newworld they should be helpful.
>
> It is indeed, I could have used that very well yesterday :)
>
> I now have a very clear idea how to install Debian on my brand new PowerBook,
> thanks to all the people on this list - especially Ethan of course.

thanks ;-)

> Michel
>

> PS: What type should the swap partition be?

Apple_SVR2_UNIX just like the others, use the `c' command and enter
`swap' when it asks for the partition name.  `c' sets the partition
type automatically, `C' asks for the type, you only need `C' for
bootstrap partitions as there is no shortcut for creating them (maybe
woody will have a better partitioner)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/