Re: [linux-fbdev] Re: 2.3.99pre7-8 experiences

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Kevin Puetz wrote:

> (I don't know what kind of licenses you are bound by, if no say no).
> Especially nice would be to rebuild Michel Dänzer <daenzerm@student.ethz.ch>'s
> debs from http://n.ethz.ch/student/daenzerm/download/XFree86/4.0/  with
> experimental mach64, but I'll take anything I can get :-)

Yes, i'm bound my XFree86 liscence, so I can't put up any source
unfortunately, although I may be able to put up a binary of the module
driver, I'll have to check if I need to put a timer on it though like we
used to.

> but Xpmac's a fast hack, at least on some peculiarity of my setup. GTK
> especially feels tremendously improved with Xpmac over 3.3.6. But all the
> things Xpmac can't do (espescially wheel mice) bother me enough to do without
> the speed, so I'm eagerly awaiting 4.0 where I get the best of both!

You can always use XFree 4.0 with the fbdev driver as that ofcourse works
fine on all fbdev hardware.  Granted it won't be accelerated, you'll be
able to have a "look-see" at 4.0 while the accelerated driver gets worked
on.

If the liscence allows me to release anything, i'll put it up in my dir at:

ftp://devel.linuxppc.org/users/ajoshi

ani