Re: 2.3.99pre7-8 experiences

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

>    * clgenfb doesn't start on PPC, it oopses in vga16_init (after
>      guessing the board has 32 MB RAM when it has 4).  I've sent the
>      ksymoops output to linux-fbdev, so the author is aware of the
>      problem.  Built as a module, insmod hangs the system with the same
>      message, minus the oops.  (For some reason I can't figure out, gcc
>      gave me a parse error on the LINUX_VERSION_CODE #ifs, so I had to
>      make them #if 0 and #if 1.)

vga16_init() has nothing to do with clgenfb, you must have added suport
for vga16 framebuffer and it's dieing somewhere in its init (not
suprising).  Remove that and just add support for clgen only.  A while ago
I hacked clgen to work on my powermac, you'll need to fix the PIO
for your machine if its broken, as it is on some pmac's still.
(i'm assuming you're using a pmac)

ani