Re: XFree86 4.0 binaries

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 08:06:44PM +1000, Brendan J Simon wrote:

> > > No, I assume you're already using aty128fb.
>
> I didn't have any video options set.  I set video=aty128fb in yaboot.conf but it
> doesn't make any difference.  I get the bright green screen.  When I change video
> modes with ctrl-alt-+ I can see that the resolution changes but the background
> turns to purple.  All modes now have a purple background.  I'm lost at what to try
> now.  Maybe I should try with the option "novideo" ?

No.  IIRC, then accel won't work right/at all.  Do a dmesg, you should see
something like:
aty128fb: detected XCLK=0x2711, ref_div=0x23
aty128fb: Rage128 RE (PCI) [chip rev 0x2] 16M 128-bit SDR SGRAM (1:1)
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
fb0: ATY Rage128 frame buffer device on /pci@80000000/ATY,Rage128y@10

(Different bits of hex and location, but you get the idea..)

> > Double check this in dmesg tho.  It should autodetect the right chipset, but
> > you can never be too careful.
>
> It reports the right chipset.

Something like the above?  Then video is being detected fine...

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/