Re: XFree86 4.0 binaries

Brendan J Simon wrote:

> > If it's in fact from the mach64 family, you'll have to use the fbdev
> > driver for now - you might need a recent kernel which corrects broken OF
> > PCI memory ranges from though.
>
> How recent a kernel do I need ?  One from CVS ?
> I am using the one from Ben H's site (vmlinux-2.2.15pre14).

For a mach64 chip, you might need a 2.3.x kernel - don't know exactly.

But as you have a Rage128, it doesn't matter, you can use the fbdev driver
(until r128 recognizes your chip) with the correct bus ID.

> I'll try the server on our G4 and see how that goes.

Should be pleasant. :)

Michel

--
I believe the technical term is "Oops!"
Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \ Earthling, CS student and Free Software enthusiast