Re: what the hell is ``bondi blue?''

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 09:56:16PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 05:40:00PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > i might be persuaded to write some of the yaboot/bootstrap stuff but
> > it woudl be good to know exactly what your planning for dbootstrap on
> > those? are you going to make any attempts to activate the `make disk
> > bootable' on newworlds?  or is it up to the user?
>
> Not for potato.

reasonable.  we should be sure to document that `make disk bootable'
won't work on newworld of course.  (does it even work for oldworld?)

> Also - probably too late for potato.

i think so, this guy seems pretty busy anyway, i told him that you
wanted to eventually integrate mac partitioning stuff into the regular
fdisk.

> Basically, I put the tools on there, people can use them.  I'm
> rewriting most of the whole process for woody.  Hopefully, we'll have
> util-linux support Mac partition tables directly.

its not too painful to do manually, we just need to do something to
make sure that certain steps are done (like oh partitioning the
*right* way, which is hard to fix later...)  so long as the partition
is there mkofboot makes the actual bootstrap configuration a one line
command.

did you get a ofboot.b script onto the boot floppies?  or will that be
2.2.13?

by the time woody is to this point we should have a sane way to
translate /dev/ nodes into gross OF paths that will improve things
ALOT.  (along with a way to write to the nvram)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/