Re: Including Xfree4.0 in potato/ppc (Was : Re: deb-ppc: X server debian packages ?)

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 11:38:30AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> About Xfree 4.
>
> We could/should make an debian package containing only the server binary and
> modules stuff, installeable into /usr/X11R6.4 so as not to break the normal X,
> and configured to use /etc/X11/XF86Config.4. Maybe also include an example
> XF86Config.4.
>
> Flag it beta/untested or whatever, and include it as ppc onbly binary in
> potato before it is released.
>
> I would do it, i can do the source package, but cannot build for ppc right
> now.
>
> Any comments ?

No way.

First of all, you'd never clear it past Branden, and it's rude to
ignore the maintainer's wishes.

Much more importantly, you'd never make it past Richard Braakman.
You're late - the Test Cycle started a few hours ago.  Potato's not
going anywhere it hasn't already gone.

Dan