Re: Problem Debian Apus rescue.bin

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 11:04:19PM +0100, Björn Johansson wrote:
> On 27-Apr-00, you wrote:
>
> > Craig Bowling wrote:
> >
> >> First of all what are u using for a Bootsrap? I tried Amiboot-5.6 from
> >> the Debian68k install but it doesn't have a --apus option.
> >
> > The modifications for APUS haven't been integrated into AmiBoot yet, it's
> > called Boothack and the latest version is:
> >
> > ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/pub/os/linux/apus/boothack/bh000414.lha
>
> If you have a clean powerup system I would recommend that you use
> an older bootstrap(bh000111.lha) to get it working. I personally
> couldn't get Linux to boot up from my warpup system(with AmigaOS3.5)
> so I created a small partition instead which *only* has PowerUP installed.
> I think WarpUP is better, but once you get your Linux system running,
> you probably won't care ;).

Err, ...

please notice that there is a complete set of bootstrap & co in the latest
boot floppies, (or at least there should be) that is designed to be used with
the kernel found under apus/linux.

the bootstrap command is in the apus/bootstrap dir. there is even dmesg and
bootmesg stuff, as well as a Linux and Linux.ramdisk script to be adapted to
your need as an example of what to write in it.

Please try it out and send me your comments on it, so that i can improve it
(my apus box is currently dead, so i cannot test it myself :((( )

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER