Re: New PPC X server alpha (brown paper bag update)

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 03:25:46PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> If you have downloaded the buggy version and think you are unlucky, you are
> not: You only need the -update tarball.
 I've downloaded the "buggy" version and am using it right now and works
quite ok on CV64/3D. It has its quirks thou:
 i'm using sawmill 0.24 and latest Gnome (Debian/woody) and when i choose to
log out from X it takes ages to do so (i don;t know how to describe it but
before Gnome displays "do you really want to log out" requester it shades the
desktop with rectangles that get smaller and smaller <<oh! well just try it
and You;ll see what i mean =o) >> to draw this effect takes some minute(s)
while with XFree from Debian (3.3.6 ?) it is a matter of  seconds)
 While i type a message in GnomeICU, the letters appear way slower than i
type (and i didn't change GnomeICU in the meantime)

ps.
 Next week i'll finally will get my BVision and i just can't wait to see X in
something more than 1024x768 8bpp =o))))

--
 Robert Ramiega  | robert@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047   | http://www.plukwa.net/         | the power of Source