Re: New kernel packages available - PLEASE test!

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 05:09:00PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> err, maybe i misunderstood, but the kernel-image source package only contains
> the patches, and will source depend on kernel-source-version to get the full
> kernel.

Ooops, you're right.

I consider kernel-patch preferable to kernel-image, because it means
that, for example, people can try to also apply kernel-patch-int or
whatever it's called these days.

> How do you solve the problem of kernel-package generated kernel-image being
> refused because they don't have a source line in the control file ?

They're marked as having Source: kernel-source-2.2.14 here... it's not
100% accurate, but it's close enough.

> > Console-data may be taken care of.  Joey Hess was working on it all of
> > Monday.  I'm seeing right now if it builds.
>
> Last i checked it still didn't work on apus, will check it nextly.

I didn't even try an APUS build.  Console stuff did install all right,
though, and even the keymaps seem ok.

There's a new ppc boot floppies in incoming if anyone wants to try
them.  I really doubt they can be worse than what we have in the
archive now.

Dan