Re: How did you get X running in Debian PowerPC?

> I think we have not fixed all bugs or features and other bad things, but we have done
> our best in the last two years (in our spare time).
>
> Debian migrates very slowly for end-user or the desktop-market useability, but we do it
> in the right way (TM)  :-)

As an old MkLinux (and brief LinuxPPC) user, I'm extremely grateful for all
the work that has been done on Debian PowerPC. This system is simply a joy
to use, maintain and upgrade. I'm switching completely as soon as I can get
Xpmac to work (please see my previous plea on that topic). I'm hoping that
it will soon become a serious alternative for PowerPC Linux users. I'm
doing my best to convert who I can... Unfortunately, the feeling out there
seems to be that Debian PowerPC is at best unstable and only for pionners,
and at worse that it's hacked on a LinuxPPC distribution.

I just couldn't believe the number of packages available, far more
than for LinuxPPC (where I had to compile my own version of Xemacs,
Postifx, TkStep, Postilion etc.). Ciao,

                Renaud