Re: framebuffer problems on revA iMac

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 01:56:18AM +1100, Mark Hepburn wrote:
> > I'd expect it to work with `video=atyfb' and `video=128fb', and even without
> > these since they will be autoprobed anyway.
> >

> Mine is working now with a 'video=atyfb' option and no colon; might make a difference
>  that this is just an option to yaboot and not an 'append' (or whatever) option.
> If that makes sense.

uh, video is not a yaboot option from what i can see in the source.
`novideo' is, yaboot just translates that into a kernel argument of
`video=ofonly' but i can find no place in the yaboot source where it
does anything with `video='

my guess is your video is being autodetected by the kernel and that
video option is just being ignored by yaboot as unknown.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/