Re: using the modem on a pismo?

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 12:56:29AM +1100, Steven Hanley wrote:

> Anyway right now I am looking at making a deb of modutils 2.2.23 for
> potato r2 as it is needed to use this kernel nicely and I: dont want to hand
> install it if I can help it. I also cant use the modutils form unstable as
> it depends on the glibc in unstable, alas.

just run:

fakeroot apt-get -b source modutils

if that doesn't work use the two step method:

apt-get source modutils
cd modutils-2.2.23 (or whatever)
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

that will build a .deb that depends on potato glibc and not woody
glibc.

this worked quite nicely on the one box i have running 2.4.0-test12

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/