Re: using the modem on a pismo?

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 02:39:32PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Steven Hanley wrote:
>
> > Every time I try to dial I get the error no dialtone.
>
> This sounds rather like a connection problem than a software problem. Do you
> use the right connector etc.?

oh yeah I forgot to mention, I tried using the small silver phone cable that
came with the powerbook, and with the phone cable I have my masq box plugged
into, on the phoneline the masq box is plugged into. So I tried on a known
working phoneline and with a known working cable. The only unknown was the
silver cable, but hey it was not all I tried.

Anyway right now I am looking at making a deb of modutils 2.2.23 for
potato r2 as it is needed to use this kernel nicely and I: dont want to hand
install it if I can help it. I also cant use the modutils form unstable as
it depends on the glibc in unstable, alas.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/