Re: More Mouse Problems

Chris Bryan wrote:

> I'm having similar problems as our other mouse-troubled friend, on a g4 400.
> A couple questions:
>
> -What protocol should I use in XF86Config for the usb mouse?
> -Is /dev/usbmouse the correct setting? (porbably a dumb quesiton, just
> making sure ;)
> -Could the problem be the fact that the mouse is on the keyboard hub?

The big question here is: which kernel are you using?  If 2.2.18pre21 (the
latest in stable), then see:
http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html

That page will help you configure the device files, gpm and X to work with the
new input layer, which blends all of the attached mice into a single device.

> But most importantly, how can I get back to the bash prompt?? The only way
> to get out of the post-login debian screen is ctrl-alt-delete, which then
> returns me to the graphical login, which I can't seem to escape. Until I can
> get back to bash, I have no way of doing anything!

ctrl-alt-F1 gets you to the 1st virtual console (ctrl-alt-F2 to the second,
etc.).

HTH,

-Adam P.