error trying to boot on a pismo

All

I happily took deliver of my new pismo today, so am of course working at
installing debian on it.

I have as far as I can tell followed the yaboot faq from ethan benson 's
website. Yet get an error.

The error is

I get past the thing where I choose to click on the penguin and the arrow,
and it then gets to the menu with l m or c, I press l or just let it go to
default (linux) and it now has on the screen

Welcome to yaboot version 0.9
Config file read, 631 bytes
boot: <null>

Image not found.... tryt again
WARNING ! default_close called !
boot: _

I have no idea what could be causing this. I cant think wherelese to look,
as most other web resources seem out of date compared to the yaboot faq, I
am using the debian install stuff from original potato, though I downloaded
and installed newer debs of yaboot and powerpc-utils from the debian mirror,
latest potato stuff.

my current yaboot.conf is

boot=/dev/hda9
ofboot=hd:9
device=hd:
delay=10
timeout=20
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lic/yaboot/ofboot

default=Linux

# nonvram

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.2.17
   label=Linux
   root=/dev/hda10
   read-only
   partition=9

enablecdboot

macos=hd:16

I dont have macos installed currently, but thought I should give it a 2 GB
partition, and install it sometime, if jsut to play dvd's if nothing else.

My partition map (would be nice if I could clean it up somewhat, but hey) is

/dev/hda1  Apple_partition_map Apple        63 @ 1        ( 31.5k) Partition map
/dev/hda2        Appe_Driver43 Macintosh    54 @ 64       ( 27.0k) Driver 4.3
/dev/hda3        Appe_Driver43 Macintosh    74 @ 118      ( 37.0k) Driver 4.3
/dev/hda4     Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh    54 @ 192      ( 27.0k) Unknown
/dev/hda5     Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh    74 @ 246      ( 27.0k) Unknown
/dev/hda6       Apple_FWDriver Macintosh   200 @ 320      (100.0K) Unknown
/dev/hda7   Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh   512 @ 520      (256.0k) Unknown
/dev/hda8        Apple_Patches Macintosh   512 @ 1032     (256.0k) Unknown
/dev/hda9      Apple_Bootstrap Macintosh  1600 @ 1544     (800.0k) Unknown
/dev/hda10     Apple_UNIx_SVR2 root     204800 @ 3144     (100.0M) Linux native
/dev/hda11     Apple_UNIx_SVR2 usr     2097152 @ 207944   (  1.0G) Linux native
/dev/hda12     Apple_UNIx_SVR2 var     1048576 @ 2305096  (512.0M) Linux native
/dev/hda13     Apple_UNIx_SVR2 home    2097152 @ 3353672  (  1.0G) Linux native
/dev/hda14     Apple_UNIx_SVR2 swap     819200 @ 5450824  (400.0M) Linux native
/dev/hda15          Apple_Free Extra  28605742 @ 6270024  ( 13.6G) Free Space
/dev/hda16           Apple_HFS untitled 2 414304 @ 3875766 (  2.0G) HFS
/dev/hda17          Apple_Free Extra        10 @ 39070070 (  5.0k) Free Space

there were originally no where near that many partitions, but after booting
off the macos install cd and playing with the disk changing utility for a
bit, it added all those or something. I eventually noticed I couldnt get an
800 KB partitioon in the macos thing, so I added two partins from macos, one
big one and the two GB one at the end, and then before installing macos I
rebooteed off the debian cd and started trying to get it installed.

So would anyone know what I should try to get debian to boot with the above
error?

Thanks

	See You
	    Steve