Re: iBook framebuffer

Josh Bonczkowski wrote:

> I want to turn on support for the iBook DV framebuffer (aty128fb).
> I have turned on the ATI Mach64 and ATI Rage 128 FB support, but the
> r128 modules fails to load due to dependency problems.  These errors
> are both unresolved symbol errors for 'cmpxchg' and 'agp_enable'.

If you enabled AGP in the config, disable it, there is no support.

Furthermore, the r128 module is the Direct Rendering Manager for DRI, it's got
nothing to do with aty128fb or X (for 2D).

To use aty128fb just add video=aty128fb: to the kernel options.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project