Re: Print Configuration and the Epson Stylus Photo 750

On 20 Dec 2000 01:15:11 -0500, Donnell wrote:
> Has anyone successfully printed to an Epson Stylus Photo 750 from a
> Mac running Linux? I've tried unsuccessfully to print using the
> apsfilter-gs-lpd combination. I am running GNU/Linux 2.2 atop a
> G3/L2 cache-upgraded PowerBase 180. The printer is connected via the
> Mac serial port. Is apsfilter the way to go? I'd appreciate any
> configuration tips and suggestions.
>
> Thanks.

Actually gimp-print does awesome (I mean it) output on Epson printers. They even include a patched Ghostscript driver (with a .deb build script for debian woody) that does a .deb for that ghostscript automatically. It is a little tricky to setup as there are a lot of options for gs to pass, but it has instructions and they have a mailing list too :o)

Gimp-print is at http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net

It also includes a ink status monitor and general config tool for Epson printers (escputil)

I hope this was useful..

Tuomas

  Tuomas Kuosmanen
Art Director