Re: LinuxPPC and the Apple Display Connector

On Sat, Dec 16, Olaf Hering wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, Jason Haas wrote:
> > Everyone: please let me know of what your experiences with the ADC.
> It works. 22" patch is coming soon (days)
> video=aty128fb:vmode:14
> video=aty128fb:vmode:22

You can find a kernel with support for the cinema display here:

If you have Linux aready running, get the k_pmac.rpm, if you want a
fresh install get also the vmlinux file.

vmode:14 for 15" display
vmode:20 for 17" monitor
vmode:22 for 22" display

It supports alsa sound, I tried that on a snow iMac.
get that file
Place that line in your modules.conf:
include /etc/modules-alsa.conf

alsa is still in development and may not work for you.
It supports the B&W G3 and iMac internal speakers. No iBook sound.

there are also the mol modules available, a newer rpm for 0.9.53 will
appear in the kernel directory in a few hours.

If you have a non-rpm based distro, install rpm, and init the rpmdb as

su -
rpm --initdb
rpm -Uvh foo.rpm        [ --nodeps ]

Have phun.