Re: SCSI problems installing Debian linux on Motorola MVME2400

David Sankey wrote:

> Unfortunately when I try to run the installation process it picks up
> the newer version so then fails in the same fashion when I reboot from
> disk.
>
> To me it looks like the newer SCSI support is broken.  Anyone got any
> ideas how to circumvent this?

First you can perform the install. After you need a tftp

server. In the /tftpboot directory you put the kernel you

want to work with. After you can boot with the niot and nbo

command. Once you have your new kernel booted you can make a

ftp to get it in your /root directory. To finally do :

dd if=my_beloved_kernel of=/dev/sda1

I have in fdisk :

/dev/sda1             1         2      2032   41  PPC PReP Boot

To compile a kernel for your mvme2400 you should use the

BK kernel

http://www.fsmlabs.com/linuxppcbk.html

You will need the linuxppc_2_5 tree at the 5005 port

Hope it will help

--
33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59
De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins