Re: Working XF86Config for Beige G3

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 11:10:59AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I've recovered most of my important stuff, but not the xlog of
> > course, and I'm a little gunshy of trying it again.  Do you
>
> Sync a few times before starting X, ummount any non essential filesystems,
> and log the X output to a serial device. Serial console support might be a
> good idea as well, just to capture kernel panic messages that might occur.

It's an opportunity to learn anyway... I think I probably
wouldn't have gotten to syncing for a while yet if I hadn't
messed up with X.

And I guess I'm no longer a lurker on this list.. :)

Anyhow, I understand you've written a kernel patch that might
solve the problem?  I haven't been able to find it.

Mark

--
-- mark at outlook dot net
-- Outlook Technologies is in *no way* affiliated with Microsoft