Re: new input layer

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 01:11:58PM +0000, Sergio Brandano wrote:

>  I checked Documentation/usb/input.txt before writing my message;
>  there is no info on adbmouse and adbkeyboard. Also, the www page
>  http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html is not up
>  to date. Thank you for help anyway.
>
>  Could anyone running the new kernel and the new X11 on PowerBook
>  Lombard PLEASE post the result of the following command?

you are correct about the lack of documentation regarding adb
keyboards/mice, after 3 recompiles of 2.2.18 from kernel.org i think
i have it figured out.

you need to compile in support for USB, here are the options i used:

#
# USB HID
#
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
# CONFIG_USB_WACOM is not set
# CONFIG_USB_WMFORCE is not set
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV=m
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y

then you need to disable the adb mouse and keyboard drivers marked
(old driver) under Mac device drivers.  (if you use menuconfig) save
the config then rerun it and go back to mac device drivers and now
there is a new option for using the input layer for adb devices,
activate that and two new options appear for raw adb keycodes and
mouse emulation, set both to yes (if you select only one the kernel
won't compile)  here is the config options i used:

#
# Mac device drivers
#
CONFIG_INPUT_ADBHID=y
CONFIG_MAC_HID=y
CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y
CONFIG_MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN=y
CONFIG_PPC_RTC=y
# CONFIG_MAC_FLOPPY is not set
CONFIG_MAC_SERIAL=y
# CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is not set

> > ls -alF /dev/input

[eb@socrates eb]$ ls -alF /dev/input
total 21
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         1024 Dec 11 03:55 ./
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root        19456 Dec 11 06:26 ../
crw-r-----    1 root     root      13,  64 Dec 11 03:54 event0
crw-r-----    1 root     root      13,  65 Dec 11 03:54 event1
crw-r-----    1 root     root      13,  66 Dec 11 03:55 event2
crw-r-----    1 root     root      13,  67 Dec 11 03:55 event3