Re: new input layer

Quoting Sergio Brandano <sb@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am finding it difficult to create the new /dev/input for my
>  PowerBook Lombard. I am compiling the latest pmac-stable tree
>  from ppc.samba.org::linux-pmac-stable. The Mac-device-drivers
>  section mentions "Use input layer for ADB keyboard and mouse"
>  but it does not say how to create them. The docs of the kernel
>  only mention PS2 mouse; shall I assume the settings are the
>  same? What about the keyboard?

Everything is explained in the Documentation/usb/input.txt, as far as i
remember. Check it, it explains how to setup your mouse and trackpad, the
keyboard shouldn't need any changes from your old configuration (given that you
were already running a kernel > 2.2.17). In the future, all PowerMacs should use
i386 keymaps. It is already possible now, but not on by default.

Check http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html for more info

Cheers

/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net