Re: r128 driver still borked in XF4.0.1-9pre10

Michael Flaig wrote:

> I've downloaded and configured XFree4 ... but when I run startx the system
> starts XFree and then freezes. I have to reboot with switching off.
>
> I can't make logs of the output, because the filesystem doesn't sync before
> switching off ...

You could re-mount your fs like this before starting X:

mount -n -o remount,sync /

Might also save you trouble with damaged filesystem(s) et al. ;)

> My Machine is a Pismo 400 / 128 MB / Ati Rage Mobility 128 ...
>
> Kernel is the default one of Debian PPC 2.2r0 . A 2.2.17.

>From your XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IntelliMouse"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Is there a reason you use the GPM repeater device?

> I think it could be a Problem with the kernel so I want to test another
> kernel.

I wouldn't expect that to change anything wrt X. The kernel has never had any
influence on X for me. (If you used Option "UseFBDev" that would be a
different story)

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project