Re: 3COM 3c905c-TX-M.... works, or not?

Jonathan Lane wrote:
Hello, I've been fighting with various 10/100 NIC's for three days now,
including a LinkSys NC100 & LNE100TX, Netgear FA311, and now, a 3com
3c905c-TX-M.  The Netgear didn't work *at all*; the LinkSys cards
worked, but were incredibly flaky; and now it appears the 3com
*somewhat* works (ie, TX light flashes when I ping another machine
on the network), but I can't actually ping any other machines
on the network.  A 'cat /proc/interrupts' shows that there have
been no interrupts serviced for the card:

At bootup I get the following:

3c59x.c 16Aug00 Donald Becker and others http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
  The PCI BIOS has not enabled the device at 1/0. Updating PCI command 0014->0015.
eth1: 3Com 3c905C Tornado at 0x1000,  00:01:02:c1:88:c2, IRQ 1
  8K byte-wide RAM 5:3 Rx:Tx split, autoselect/Autonegotiate interface.
  MII transceiver found at address 24, status 786d.
  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame receives.

Has anyone successfully gotten the 3C905-TX-M to work on a PowerPC
box?  Just FYI, the box in question is a UMAX S900 w/ Sonnet G3/350,
and the NIC is located in PCI slot 4.

I've been using a 3c905c Tornado for about 6 months now as a secondary ethernet card in my PM9500. Worked great right out of the box. I did have to recompile my kernel to include the driver for it. But other than that, I've had no problems and have been using it to run a local lan behind a cable modem and firewall. (I use the standard Mace ethernet port as the primary port (eth0) to the cable modem and the 3com board as the internal port (eth1) feeding a hub with 2 other devices on it.)

Lem