Re: Java, JavaServer Pages and Debian PowerPC

Hi,

I'm using the tomcat-dist. Well, using might a bit strong, at least I
installed it sucessfully on Debian PowerPC and i386, stable.

Pitfalls were the JREs, which in both cases have not been readily
available (at least JDK 1.2, which tomcat requires) as a .deb. But - as
most of my postings on this list show - as inexperienced as I am, I was
nevertheless able to get it working. Most of the work I've done was on
i386 - it had reasonable performance and after setting up the
environment no major breakdowns. I didn't yet configure tomcat to work
w/ apache, but from a glace at the docs it shouldn't cause you many
headaches.

Basically I'd like to share experience so maybe you could sustain
posting anything you might consider worth sharing.

Olaf