Re: helping?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 11:43:14PM -0800, Pete Lypkie wrote:
> Hi there.  I've recently gained access to an imac that i can use at night, and
> it has woody installed on it.
>
> i noticed tonight that there were no perl-5.6 packages available in the
> archive, so i built the from the source packages...Is there a need for extra
> compile time?  i can't give outside access to the machine, but if someone gave
> me a list of stuff they wanted compiled at night, i could do it.

It's not a CPU time issue.  For instance, perl failed to autobuild.
I've filed the bug on it plenty of times now... It dislikes being run
without a terminal on stdout.  The current autobuilder does an adequate
job, and will be replaced with a superior one soon.

Usually, when people say on this list that they've built so and so, and ask
why it hasn't been built, the answer is that its build dependencies are
missing and their package has silently reduced functionality.

Dan