re: Build request: libjcode-perl, libft-perl

> libft-perl isn't (to the best of my knowlege) in the archives. It depends on
> libjcode-perl, which is also not in the archives, but I don't know why.
> S'pose somebody could push the magic button to get the build daemon to make
> 'em?

libjcode-perl is architecture "all", and i can install it on my powerpc
machine.  have you tried again lately?

a side-note:
while playing around, i noticed that there was an incorrect symlink in the
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6/powerpc-linux directory:  asm pointed to "asm-powerpc" when
in fact it should have pointed to "asm-ppc".  Perhaps this should be a bug
against one of the perl packages?

as for libft-perl, it uses something from perl called "xsubpp" to generate a
.c file from a .xs file.  It seems that it works fine on my potato system
(with perl 5.005), but it won't compile on a system with perl 5.6 (both i386
and powerpc).  It complains about an undeclared variable (of a name which
isn't in the .xs file, so i'm guessing it's autogenerated).

i still don't fully understand the problem, but the short story is that it
doesn't seem to compile with perl-5.6.  I'm still looking into the cause, but
i believe it's happening for all architectures.

	-Pete Lypkie
	pete@linux-geek.net
	plypkie@debian.org