Re: CHRP boot disks

> Where is the CHRP boot disk image?
>
> I looked here but could not find one:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc/current/chrp/ images-1.44/
>
> It can not be rescue.bin because that image will not fit on a dos-format'ed floppy.

You need to download that file, along with root.bin, and use the following commands:

dd if=rescue.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024
dd if=root.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024

{obviously, switching disks in between} The disk images are intended to be written block by block onto the disk, which is why they can't be just copied over. I believe that the destination disk type is either ext2 or minix, depending on the date of the distribution, and the mood of the developer I suppose.

Eric Reischer
CCIL Network Administrator
emr@ccil.org