Re: X11 config

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Gordon Dykes wrote:

> On my pc, running suse there was an application called sax to configure X.
>
> Are there any similar utilities for debian or could somebody send me
> the configuration file for an imac (rev B).

You can configure X on your iMac in 2 ways:
- The "Hard" way:
  Start the 'xf86config' program and tell it to use the 'framebuffer'
  device (and the XF86_FBDev X server).

- The "easy" way
  Search the web for an X configuration file for the iMac B. There should
  be lots of them floating around.
  A good starting point might be http://www.imaclinux.net/

Whichever way you choose, don't forget to install "xserver-fbdev" (using
either dselect, apt-get or any of apt-get's frontends).

Martijn
--
Without evil, there would be no good; So it must be good to be evil sometimes
	- Satan (Southpark: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)

GPG: 1024D/17C37EC4      8427 EC97 881B 2885 7A2F  A8AB 4BFC F6B8 17C3 7EC4