Re: aha...

> Quoting Phil Fraering <pgf@globalreach.net>:
>
> > Just checked the mailing list archive. I need to use
> > --force-architecture,
> > I guess. My mail is scattered back and forth between different machines,
> > sorry about the duplicated question.
>
> The PPP update won't change anything to your problem. The problem lies in
> macserial. Compile it as module, and rmmod when you're finished.
>
> Check the archive for that as well.

I've been checking the archive a lot lately; I'm compiling the kernel
(finally!) now. It seems to be compiling the kernel a lot faster than
my 100 mhz pentium at home.

The xfree debs weren't at samosa.debian.org/~branden/woody ; I guess
this means they've been moved into woody?

But xserver-xfree or whatever doesn't seem to be present. Nor does a
xserver-fbdev with a version 4.x; I was checking with dselect, BTW;
console-apt crashes on me.

I do want to change the boot script for yboot so that it has the option
atyfb, right?

And I just ran into a glitch compiling the kernel; I guess the agppart
module isn't needed here?

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net